After Tet is famine season in the North because during winter crops collected are meagre, people have no food to eat. Therefore the fund for calamities focused in the distribution of rice and instant noodles.
Hanoi's EOCRO undertakes regularly these after Tet charity programs and helps groups of volunteers transporting goods to the people in the mountainous regions. This time I chose two schools with 70 elementary students and 40 kindergarten children in hamlet 7, village San Sa, commune Sa Pa, province of Lao Cai. We distributed to both the students and the people in the region.
Gifts I purchased were:
* 100 boxes of instant noodles (fr: Hanoi) $VN 5,900,000.00
* 67 boxes of instant noodles ( fr: Lao Cai) $VN 4,355,000.00
* Cookies and candies $VN 360,000.00
* 40 small jackets, $VN 40,000.00/each, $VN 1,600,000.00
* 6 boxes of pens, $VN 395,000.00/box, $VN 2,370,000.00
* 67 satchels, $VN 65,000/each, $VN 4,355,000.00
* 200 kg of rice distributed to the homes $VN 2,500,000.00
Total expenses : $VN 21,440,000.00
Total received. : $VN 22,322,000.00
Sum remaining : $VN 882,000.00 I used for miscellaneous.
Nguyen Tat Kien